AHS Driver Education Home
Welcome to the Amundsen Driver Education Facility!
5110 N. Damen Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60625
Director: Darren L. Harlston
Hours during the School Year (Starting September 10, 2022):
Saturdays: 7am - 1pm
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays: 3pm - 5:30pm
The Mobile Center is located in the parking lot west of the school. Please email any questions you may have or to reschedule your traffic.
- The objective of our program is to help students mentally and physically learn to perform effective and safe skills behind the wheel of a vehicle in real life events that will carry on for the rest of their lives.
- We offer after school drivers classes, range/simulation, and traffic to fulfill the Illinois Graduate Licensing Program.
Registering for Behind-The-Wheel (Traffic) Instruction:
To register for Behind-The-Wheel (Traffic) instruction you must meet/complete the following expectations:
- Attend a Chicago Public School or live in Chicago
- Completed the classroom (30 hours) phase of driver education
- Submit proof of payment ($50 to this LINK)
- Make sure to select "Amundsen" as the Lab Site
- Email the digital receipt to: [email protected]
- Be in possession of your permit
If you need a permit, you will need to bring:
- A $20 Money Order made out to the Secretary of State
- A legal guardian to sign the permit application
- Official Transcripts showing passage of a Driver Ed Class
- Student must be present when receiving or dropping off a permit application.