AHS Driver Education Home
Welcome to the Amundsen Driver Education Facility!
5110 N. Damen Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60625
Director: Darren L. Harlston
Hours during the School Year:
TBD - Waiting for Guidance from the District
The Mobile Center is located in the parking lot west of the school. Please email any questions you may have or to reschedule your traffic.
- The objective of our program is to help students mentally and physically learn to perform effective and safe skills behind the wheel of a vehicle in real life events that will carry on for the rest of their lives.
- We offer after school drivers classes, range/simulation, and traffic to fulfill the Illinois Graduate Licensing Program.
Registering for Behind-The-Wheel (Traffic) Instruction:
To register for Behind-The-Wheel (Traffic) instruction you must meet/complete the following expectations:
- Attend a Chicago Public School or live in Chicago
- Completed the classroom (30 hours) phase of driver education
- Submit proof of payment ($50 to this LINK)
- Make sure to select "Amundsen" as the Lab Site
- Email the digital receipt to: email@example.com
- Be in possession of your permit
If you need a permit, you will need to bring:
- A $20 Money Order made out to the Secretary of State
- A legal guardian to sign the permit application
- Official Transcripts showing passage of a Driver Ed Class
- Student must be present when receiving or dropping off a permit application.
Dear Amundsen High School Driver Education Students:
I would like to update you about CPS protocols around Driver Education. Due to the pandemic, it is imperative that all safety guidelines are followed and the appropriate paperwork is completed prior to your arrival at assigned traffic dates.
Day of Traffic:
Complete ONLINE prior to arrival:
1.CPS Health Screener (completed prior to every traffic session).
STEPS #1-4 MUST BE COMPLETED OR YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE IN TRAFFIC AND WILL BE SENT HOME.
Please email me if you have any questions or concerns.
Director of Amundsen Driver Education