Counseling Home Page
Amundsen High School has an American School Counselor Association-certified program with five professional school counselors dedicated to supporting the academic, college/career, and personal/social needs of students. Students are encouraged to see their school counselor in Room 126 before school, during lunch or after school.
Since we are often in meetings or in classrooms delivering guidance lessons, please email us or see Mrs. Chinchilla (Counseling Office Clerk / email@example.com / Room 126) and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
The Amundsen High School Counseling Department believes that:
- ALL students have the right to graduate high school career and college ready
- ALL students have the right to feel safe at school
- ALL students have the right to feel supported in the creation and fulfillment of their academic, personal/social, and post-secondary goals throughout their development in high school
- ALL students shall have access to a Professional School Counselor who is their own advocate while in school, and who has been trained according to the professional and ethical code put forth by the American School Counselor Association
- ALL students have the right to voice their needs to the Counseling Department, and to be heard in a respectful, confidential, and secure manner
The students of Amundsen High School are global citizens who graduate prepared to step up to the challenges of the 21st century. All Amundsen students participate in a rigorous and well-rounded academic program, and are afforded a multitude of opportunities in which to practice and demonstrate their skills of leadership, teamwork, and personal development toward the goal of career and college readiness and excellence. All Amundsen students are supported by the comprehensive school counseling program, which advocates for each student, and connects with the staff, administration, families, and community partners to recognize and serve the needs of this diverse group of students. With the support of the school counseling program and the greater school community, Amundsen students graduate and become successful and productive citizens ready and eager to make positive change in the world of today and the future.
The mission of Amundsen’s school counseling program is to provide a comprehensive, developmental counseling program addressing the academic, personal/social, and career development of ALL students, while celebrating the ethnic, linguistic, religious, socio-economic, and cultural diversity within the Amundsen community. In partnership with teachers, parents/guardians, administrators and the community, the school counselors ensure ALL students at Amundsen High School have access to and are prepared with the academic knowledge and social skills to contribute at the highest level as productive members of a global, 21st century society.
For more information on the American School Counselor Association: www.schoolcounselor.org