English Learner Program
Amundsen English Learner Program
Amundsen High School is proud to offer English learner/bilingual services to our students and families from all over the world.
Here are some quick facts about our English Learner (EL) program:
- We have over 150 English learner/bilingual students, which is approximately 10% of our student body.
- The majority language of our EL/bilingual students is Spanish.
- More than 15 other languages are represented in the program, including Arabic, Tagalog, Russian, Vietnamese, and many more.
- 20 teachers are ELL or bilingual endorsed spanning almost all departments.
- We teach the following EL courses: ESL I/II, ESL III, ESL Transitional English I, ESL Transitional English II, and ESL Transitional English III/IV.
- We monitor all EL students with annual ACCESS testing; students can exit the program when they receive a 4.8 proficiency score.
- We host bilingual advisory committee (BAC) meetings five times a year to support our bilingual parents and families.
If you have any questions, please contact Jorie Pesce, EL coordinator, by email at [email protected]