Visual and Performing Arts
The vision of the Amundsen Fine Arts Department is to offer a full complement of authentic opportunities and experiences; enabling students to become active, compassionate, and lifelong creators and patrons of the arts.
The mission of the Amundsen Fine Arts Department is to engage students in a process of creative exploration and self-discovery in an effort to deepen their understanding of the world.
Please check out our student art gallery and visual arts padlet to see the latest works by our amazing students!
Click on "Staff" to the right for more detailed information from each teacher in our department.
Courses offered in the Visual and Performing Arts Department
- Art I and Art II (non IB students) (Ms. Barba, Mrs. MacBeth, Ms. O'Donnell)
- MYP Visual Arts. (Freshman or Sophomore year. IB students choosing the visual arts) (Mrs. MacBeth)
- Diploma Program Year 1 (Mr. Breen, Mrs. MacBeth, and Ms. O'Donnell)
- Diploma Program Year 2. (Ms. Barba)
- Graphic Arts 1 and 2 and MYP (Mr. Breen)
- Beginning Band
- Intermediate Band
- Advanced Band
- Beginning Mixed Chorus
- Intermediate Mixed Chorus
- Advanced Mixed Chorus
- Beginning Orchestra
- Intermediate Orchestra
- Advanced Orchestra
- IB-MYP Music (all ensembles)
- IB-DP/CP Music