College Application Process
STEP 1: Carefully Research and Select:
- 1-2 "Safety" Schools
- 1-2 "Target" (or "match") Schools
- 1-2 "Reach" Schools
*Please click on the “Finding Your College Match” link below to find schools that match your GPA/ACT selectivity category.
STEP 2: Apply Online
- Students should apply to colleges through the Common App or directly on a college's website, if that particular college is not a Common App school.
STEP 3: Request to have your Transcript, ACT Score, Recommendations & Fee Waiver Sent
- Visit: CPS Family Connection(Student Login)
- Log into Family Connection with your CPS email address and password
- Match your Family Connection account to your Common App account (please watch the following video on how to do this: https://vimeo.com/102639828)
- Use Family Connection to send your transcripts to colleges you've applied to.
*Brag Sheets (needed when requesting a letter of recommendation) and Sample Resumes are attached below. Please be sure to give teachers/counselors at least 2 weeks notice when requesting a recommendation.