In Person Financial Aid Information Sessions for Senior Families

Dear Senior Viking Families!
Register for the financial aid sessions here.
Completing the financial aid application is a graduation requirement in the state of Illinois.
In order to meet the graduation requirement, students must complete either the FAFSA or the Alternative Application. The applications opened on December 31st, and we are offering completion workshops. See attached flyer for more information.
We recommend that seniors who are eligible to file FAFSA make their FSA ID as soon as possible. A tutorial on creating your FSA ID is here.

We recommend parents/guardians with a Social Security # create an FSA ID now.
  • If parents are married and file taxes jointly, one parent must make an FSA ID
  • If parents are married or living together but filing separately, both must make FSA IDs.
  • If parents are divorced or separated and not living together the parent who provides the most financial support must make an FSA ID
Parents without a Social Security # should not make an FSA ID at this point. 
  • Undocumented parents without an ITIN should get a Chicago CityKey if they do not already have a driver’s license, foreign passport, or state/ city ID.
If you believe you have a special circumstance, please reach out to your counselor. This email is general and may not include your situation.