Link to Naviance: http://cps.edu/Pages/naviance.aspx
Teacher Functions on Naviance:
- Access college and career planning tools
- Access and manage Naviance Curriculum for assigned students
- Prepare and submit teacher recommendations (high school only)
Student Functions on Naviance (Family Connection):
- Begin planning for your future – Build a resume, manage timelines and deadlines for making decisions about college and careers
- Research colleges – Find colleges and compare GPA’s, SAT test scores, number of students accepted and tuition costs.
- Research careers – Research hundreds of careers and career clusters and take career and personality assessments.
- Request transcripts and Letters of Recommendations
- Search for scholarships and summer enrichment programs
**Steps Teachers Need to take in order to Submit Recommendations via Naviance**
- Change your password in your Common App Recommender account here: https://recommend.commonapp.org/forgot-password
- Log into your Common App account using the new password that you created
- Click on the settings icon in the upper right-hand corner of your Common App account, and change your email to your personal email account (Naviance won't work if your Common App email address is your CPS email address)
- If you’ve received a recommendation request from Naviance via email, please note that the link in that email doesn’t work. You’ll want to use the following link: http://cps.edu/Pages/naviance.aspx
- Click on the “Staff Login” link and log in using your CPS credentials
- Access your recommendation requests by clicking “Teacher Recommendations”
- Click on “Upload File” for any given student
- Next to “Teacher Documents,” click “+Add”
- Click on “Prepare Form” to prepare a Common App Teacher Evaluation Form
- Once this has been prepared, go back to “+Add” and upload the teacher recommendation letter
- Final step: Click on “Send” tab under “eDocs,” select each college it will allow you to, and click “review and submit.” When it takes you to the next page, click “submit” and you’re DONE!
-Feel free to ask a counselor if you’re still having issues!